Sunday, April 10, 2011

Who am I and Why am I here?

Bypassing the Admiral James Stockdale reference, I am a video and multimedia producer based in Asheville, NC.  During the past 18 years I've been an Independent Film Producer & Director, Screenwriter, Corporate Video Producer, Writer, Green Web Portal Co-Founder, Municipal Wireless Network Project Manager, Political Junkie, Small Business Owner, Online Advertising Entrepreneur, British Car Junkie, and most importantly - Twin Dad.

As a video editor I've cut two feature films, two television pilots, and hundreds of corporate pieces.  I've been editing video with Adobe Premiere since 1995 when I cut my film Immortal on version 1.0 for the PC, conforming the 35mm negative to the Premeire EDL.  I've also used Final Cut Pro on certain projects but always find myself returning to Adobe.  For motion graphics, compositing, and effects, I've been using Adobe After Effects since 1995 (when it was still made by Cosa).  I hack away at Photoshop when required but rely on much better designers than myself for serious design work. 

During the mid 90s to 2001 I was part of VisionFactory, an RTP, NC based multimedia firm that pioneered a variety of techniques in productions for companies like Nortel Networks, HP, Cisco, Raytheon, Bowe Bell and Howell, and many other leading tech companies.   Then in 2001 I moved to Asheville, NC and started Steve White Productions, servicing a select group of clients including TBM Consulting Group, Bowe Bell and Howell, and HP.  I've also worked with many Asheville based companies and non profits including AdvantageWest,  Deltec Homes, and The Bob Moog Foundation. I was involved in the startup AmericanGreen, a web based Green video portal in the mid 2000s and assisted Cherokee Broadband Enterprise to bring wireless internet to Cherokee, NC.  Today, I continue to work with a wide range of clients to produce affordable, quality video and interactive projects.

Why am I here? As a company that helps others market their products and services, I have often relied only on word of mouth to grow my client base.  This blog will serve as a way to showcase past work and share the media innovations that get me excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment