Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'll have cheese with that tradeshow

One of my clients when I was with VisionFactory was Bowe Bell and Howell, the former projector company turned mail services solution company.  BBH came to us for marketing videos and trade show presentations and design work.  One such project was "The Strongest Link", a game show parody that was used in a live trade show floor presentation.  I wrote the script and directed the segments which we shot on a set in Durham, NC from an old Glaxo show.  The cheese factor was high, but it was exactly what the client was looking for.  I enjoy looking back at this piece because it illustrates the rapid change in video technology.  The opening jib shot was done with a tiny 3 chip DV camera and cut in with the $80k studio cameras.  Anyone who remember "The Weakest Link" will get the joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment